World Orders News of Shipbuilding
Mar 2014, Vol No. 66
Marine & Shipbuilding Korea News Letter
Seoul Ra-11997(ISSN: 2005-3061) Marine+Shipbuilding Media
Unauthorized redistribution prohibited - Affiliate proposed & Advertising:
Copyright Monthly [Marine & Shipbuilding]
DSME wins first order for Yamal icebreaking LNG carrier
Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co. said Monday that it has obtained a US$367.4 million order to build an icebreaking LNG carrier from Russia's state-run shipper Sovcomflot.



The South Korean company said it will deliver the vessel by the end of June 2016.
The carrier will in developing a gas field in the Yamal Peninsula (Yamal LNG project). It is the first of the 16 icebreaking LNG carriers Daewoo has signed a contract to provide.

The Yamal LNG project, in the northeast of Russia's Yamal Peninsula, is expected to produce 16.5M tonnes of LNG per year and the first train will be operational by the end of 2016, followed by the second and third trains in 2017 and 2018.

Independently-held Novatek, Russia's second biggest gas producer after state-controlled Gazprom has a 60% stake in the project will the remaining 40% is split between French oil and gas giant Total SA and China National Petroleum Corporation.

Contact: Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering +82-2-2129-0261
                Company: Marine and Shipbuilding Monthly Journal
                Add: E-Space 310, #212-26, Guro-3Dong Guro-Gu, Seoul, Korea 152-053
                TEL: +82-2-3281-5037                        FAX: +82-2-3281-0280
Copyright 1992-2014[Establishment 22 year] Metal Network Korea All rights reserved.